Thursday, April 18, 2013

A LITTLE WHITE DEATH - John Lawton



I had never heard of this series until I found it in the Kindle store.

This story is absolutely fantastic. Written contemporarily but set in 1963, Commander Troy has two suicides that are not.

We have spies, call girls, drugs and a hero who will not stop and remains totally ruthless throughout the investigation.

Its a great read. My only niggle with it and its minor is in the use of vernacular. I may be wrong but I don't believe "cut and paste" or "... putting a hit on...." were phrases that a Commander in the Metropolitan Police would be using in 1963, but thats the only fault I could find.

Lots of fascinating characters ,most of whom are not nice people but make for great fiction. A committed fan after one outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment