Thursday, January 18, 2018

A STRANGER IN MY GRAVE - Margaret Millar

























'We were walking along the beach below the cemetery , Prince and I, and suddenly Prince disappeared up the cliff.  I could hear him howling.  I whistled for him but he didn't come.  I went up the path after  him.  He was sitting beside a tombstone.  It had my name on it:
Daisy Fielding Harker.  Born November 13, 1930.  Killed December 2 , 1955...'

This is an exceptional story of broken people living in a seaside Californian town.  Daisy Harker sets out to find the story behind her grave stone because if shes not in it who is?

Its a mystery story and its a chiller.

I'm now of the opinion that Millar writes a better chiller than her husband did and he was superb.  If you see her books in second hand store grab them.

No comments:

Post a Comment